Chemin du Crêt-de-la-Neige 5,
1234 Vessy, GE
Bilingual, English and French
ProfileI am a software developer with a focus on software architecture. I design APIs, and write modular and principled software. I have experience with infrastructure and deployment. I collaborated with security specialists to mitigate risks and harden software and servers.
EPFL (HBP) 〉European Flagship research project coordination office
- Provide implementation and code reviews (Python, Java).
- Design system architecture (Jupyter, KeyCloak, Seafile, OpenID).
- Implement Jupyterhub on Kubernetes with cloud storage (Openshift).
- Infrastructure maintenance in research cloud (Ansible, Gitlab).
We simplified the project's collaborative platform by combining open source technologies. I designed and implemented Jupyterhub on Kubernetes with a shared cloud storage based on Seafile.
2016 - 2017
Site Reliability Engineer
Digital Foodie 〉SaaS grocery e-commerce and logistics platform provider
- Designed and implemented microservices for order processing and pricing(REST).
- Infrastructure design, set-up and maintenance on AWS (Kubernetes, Docker and Jenkins).
- Provided code reviews and implementation (Ruby, PostgreSQL).
I collaborated on the redesign of the services architecture. This work will reduces maintenance and increases performance. I improved database queries to significantly reduce background processing time during indexing.
2015 - 2016
CanadaVisa.com 〉Immigration law firm
- Implemented libraries and site features (PHP, Python).
- Led IT team to use development best practices (git, Jira).
- Migrated websites and infrastructure (CentOS, PHP, MySQL).
I migrated the site to a new redundant architecture leading to better uptime and safer deployments. I helped with the migration towards the adoption of best practices, bringing accountability to projects.
2012 - 2015
Research assistant and system administrator
Concordia University CLaC 〉Computational linguistics research lab
- Managed desktops, servers, filers, compute nodes (Ansible, Debian).
- Did research in natural language processing (GATE, NLTK).
2012 - 2013
PALM+HAVAS 〉Global advertising company
- Built back end for Volkswagen Canada customer loyalty site (Kohana).
- Provided maintenance on agency's customers' websites.
I designed and developed the back end of a customer loyalty site, thus building a flexible CMS that provided highly customizable layouts.
2010 - 2011
Evolving Web Inc. 〉Web development agency
- Developed back end modules for websites (Drupal).
- Deployed high-availability infrastructure (Linux-HA, GlusterFS).
- Built cloud infrastructure and monitoring (AWS, Chef, Nagios).
I implemented features to allow the company to fulfill customer requirements. I set up a scalable redundant cloud infrastructure that reduced downtime and increased performance.
2006 - 2010
Bachelor of Science
Joint Major of Physics and Computer Science
2004 - 2006
DEC in Science
International Baccalaureate in Science
2012 - 2013
- Compiler Design
- Natural Language Analysis
- Statistical Natural Language Processing
- Semantic Web
Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Gitlab-CI, Nagios
JupyterHub, Tornado, Django, Pyramid, Sinatra, Kohana, Drupal
Linux (CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, Archlinux)
LAMP stack, iptables, NGINX, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Git, Mercurial, SVN, CVS